Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Start To A New Decade

Even though its now halfway through January, I would like to wish everyone a happy new year!

Now, it's been a while since my last post and there is a very good reason on why that is.

It's because I've been lazy.

Well, not lazy lazy, but lazy nonetheless. While I've been sitting away, wittling the hours on my ass either by reading/watching t.v/playing video games, my mind on the other hand has been creating dozens of new stories for me to write in the future. In fact the small notebook I keep by my bedside table has been slowly filling up with new ideas. I don't know why, but for some reason my brain has been going overdrive creating new worlds, characters, stories and plots. It's getting to the stage where I can't sleep as my brain is humming away.

It's like a creative high. If you play sport or exercise, the best way I can explain it is when after your session of physical work, you feel generally good, even though your body is on the verge of collapse. My mind is like at the moment, even though I'm mentally tired, the rush of creative energy is amazing.

But enough of that. Besides creating new worlds, I've been reflecting on the last ten years. The 00's, the naughties, or whatever the human race decides to call them. In those ten years I've been through highschool, two Tafe's, three jobs, finished writing a book, and have had an amazing amount of stupid and fun misadventures. I've met some great people, some of them I now consider family.




Now that I'm entering the ten's...or whatever we shall call them, I've been thinking about the future. Not serious, because lets face it I'm not that kind of guy, but enough to snap my brain out of its creative groove. Hopefully I can make a living doing what I like the most, which is writing. Hopefully I can find a nice girl and settle down, maybe have a kid or two if I'm feeling sentimental.

Whatever the case may be, I just hope I'll be happy and be having a good time. And that's all I can ask. Plans fall apart, people change, but good memories, they stay with you.

Now bring on the next decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment