Monday, July 26, 2010

What's In The Name?

So, here I am.

I'm finally taking the time to actually post a blog. God help me and the world.

Now, before I get into some proper musing (or rambling if you know me), I might take the time to why I call myself Kickingfrog.

I assure you, this is not because I hate frogs. In fact, they're loveable lil' critters. And even if I did hate frogs, I wouldn't kick them for three reasons.
1) I'm not that mean
2) Finding frogs and then kicking them involves WAY too much energy that could be put to better use (ie sleeping and gaming)
3) Karma is a bitch and the last thing I need is to be roundhouse kicked by an amphibous Chuck Norris.

Moving on. Kickingfrog originated back in my days at RMIT.

I was bored in class (as well as my fellow classmates) and we joked about how me having long hair made me look like a hippy. And when I say long hair, it was down to my shoulder blades and still growing in thick, luscious curls. Yes, I just used the adjective luscious.

So, declaring that if I was a hippy, I needed a proper hippy name. I turned to the greatest oracle there is in such manners. Google.

After typing 'Hippy name generator', clicking the first result that caught my eye and filling in the questionare, I was dubbed Kickingfrog. We all had a good laugh and the more I repeated the name, the more I liked it.

Kickingfrog, unusual, weird, funny, a little bit mean and no one is entirely sure what to make of it.

Suits me perfectly I must say.

Anyway, the first Froggin' Bloggin' is done.

Onwards to the future and hopefully a second post!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Welcome to blogging! I'm surprised you didn't have a blog already what with all your ramblings ;) I am sure you will be most entertaining :)

    ReplyDelete